We’re excited to have you! A few things to prepare you for your first class:
First, Please sign up here to reserve your spot. There is a $20 fee if you cancel less than two hours ahead of time.
WHAT TO BRING
- A yoga mat, bath towel (not a hand towel), and water. All are available for rent if you don’t have your own. Sign up through MindBody here.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first class, and at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time for subsequent classes.
- Arrive well hydrated. It’s best not to practice on a full stomach, avoid eating within two hours of class.
- Wear light-weight clothing that allows for a full range of motion (exercise shorts, tank top or t-shirt). As there are no showers at our studio, we also recommend bringing a change of clothes for after class.
- No scents or perfumes please.
- Remember, we were all beginners at one point or another, we’re here to support you! There is nothing to worry about, just a lot to look forward to.
- All classes are open to new students and experienced practitioners alike.
- We lock the outside door three minutes before the start of class.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Bikram’s beginning series is a 90 minute Hatha yoga class consisting of 26 postures & 2 breathing exercises; this practice is performed in a room heated to 105 degrees fahrenheit, with 40% humidity.
- If you begin to feel dizzy or tired during class, sit down and join the class again when you are ready. Your only goal is to stay in the room.
- Introductory Offer! One month of unlimited yoga for only $49.
- Weight and metabolism regulation
- Reduce the effects of stress, anxiety, and depression
- Balance mood levels and increase focus and concentration
- Fine tune your body’s natural equilibrium, endurance and stamina
- Build strength and increase flexibility
- Alleviate chronic health issues including cardiovascular disease, mental illness, arthritis, osteoporosis and diabetes, to name a few.