We’re excited to have you! A few things to prepare you for your first class:
First, Please sign up here to reserve your spot. Due to Covid-19, we are limiting class to eight students. There is a $20 fee if you cancel less than two hours ahead of time.
WHAT TO BRING
- A yoga mat, bath towel (not a hand towel), and water. All are available for rent if you don’t have your own. Sign up through MindBody here.
- Arrive well hydrated. It’s best not to practice on a full stomach, avoid eating within two hours of class.
- Wear light-weight clothing that allows for a full range of motion (exercise shorts, tank top or t-shirt). As there are no showers at our studio, we also recommend bringing a change of clothes for after class.
- No scents or perfumes please.
- Remember, we were all beginners at one point or another, we’re here to support you! There is nothing to worry about, just a lot to look forward to.
- All classes are open to new students and experienced practitioners alike.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first class, and at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time for subsequent classes.
- We lock the outside door three minutes before the start of class.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Bikram’s beginning series is a 90 minute Hatha yoga class consisting of 26 postures & 2 breathing exercises; this practice is performed in a room heated to 105 degrees fahrenheit, with 40% humidity.
- If you begin to feel dizzy or tired during class, take breaks as needed, and join the class again when you are ready. Your only goal is to stay in the room.
- Introductory Offer! One month of unlimited yoga for only $49.
- Weight and metabolism regulation
- Reduce the effects of stress, anxiety, and depression
- Balance mood levels and increase focus and concentration
- Fine tune your body’s natural equilibrium, endurance and stamina
- Build strength and increase flexibility
- Alleviate chronic health issues including cardiovascular disease, mental illness, arthritis, osteoporosis and diabetes, to name a few.