We’re excited to have you! A few things to prepare you for your first class:
WHAT TO BRING
- A mat, large towel, and water. All are available for rent/purchase at the studio. We accept all major credit cards.
- Light-weight, non-restrictive clothing that allows for a full range of motion (exercise shorts, leggings, tank top or t-shirt). As there are no showers at our studio, we also recommend bringing a change of clothing for after class.
- No scents or perfumes please.
- Arrive well hydrated. It’s best not to practice on a full stomach, avoid eating a meal within two hours of class.
- An open mind. Remember, we were all beginners at one point or another, we’re here to support you! There is nothing to worry about, just a lot to look forward to.
- All classes are open to new students and experienced practitioners alike.
- Please arrive 20 minutes early for your first class, and at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time for subsequent classes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Bikram’s beginning series is a 90 minute Hatha yoga class consisting of 26 postures & 2 breathing exercises; this practice is performed in a room heated to 105 degrees fahrenheit, with 40% humidity.
- A certified Bikram Yoga teacher will guide you through class (and will be happy to answers any questions you might have, beforehand or afterward).
- If you begin to feel a bit dizzy or tired during class, have no fear! This is common, especially as your body and mind adjust to the heat. Take breaks/sit down as needed, and join the class again when you are ready. Your only goal is to stay in the room.
- Introductory Offer! One month of unlimited yoga for only $49.
- Weight and metabolism regulation
- Reduce the effects of stress, anxiety, and depression
- Balance mood levels and increase focus and concentration
- Fine tune your body’s natural equilibrium, endurance and stamina
- Build strength and increase flexibility
- Alleviate chronic health issues including cardiovascular disease, mental illness, arthritis, osteoporosis and diabetes, to name a few.